Marina Mall, one of the most distinctive landmarks of the capital opened in 2001. Geographically located in one of the city’s most prominent areas, the Marina Mall comprises of 122,000 square meter of retail space featuring a unique choice of fashion, leisure and entertainment.
Since its opening, it has factually grown over three phases specifically and strategically built to attract different types of shoppers. Three years after the launch of the Mall, the second phase called the premium phase was completed and it opened with some of the world’s renowned brands such as Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Hugo Boss, Tod’s, Chanel, Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and many more luxurious brands.
Marina Mall management was careful to attract footfall generating anchor stores that would become the backbone of the shopping experience at the Mall, these stores include Carrefour, Fun City, Zara, Marks & Spencer, Paris Gallery, VOX Cinemas, Plugins, 2XL,Emirates Bowling Village and a Mercedes-Benz Showroom
Marina Mall houses more than 400 retail offerings and services including fashion, electronics, lifestyle, home furnishing shops, car showroom, specialty shops, banks and financial services and hypermarket. It also features new upscale cafes and restaurants and a revolving restaurant on top of a dedicated over 30 stories observation tower. The entertainment and leisure offerings include a bowling alley, a 9-screen multiplex cinema, fun city a kid’s entertaining area and ice rink.
Currently the Mall not only lead’s in the capital in terms of total area, but also in terms of footfall, number of stores and conversion rate.
Facts and Figures
- Marina Mall is owned by National Investment Corporation
- Total size of Marina Mall is 235,000 sq meters
- Total gross leasable area (GLA) is 122,000 sq meters
- 4,000 car parking space
- 5 levels ( lower basement, basement, ground floor, first floor, second floor)
- Anchor stores include; Carrefour, Marks & Spencer, Paris Gallery, VOX Cinemas, Plugins, 2XL,Emirates Bowling Village and a Mercedes-Benz Showroom
- 400 stores
- 48 restaurants, cafes, and other food and beverage shops